About Me

My photo
I have just launched my new and exciting business: Lady in Links. This online boutique is dedicated to providing beautiful cufflinks...for Women Only! These are no ordinary cufflinks. They are intricately designed, sophisticated, stylish, and most importantly, feminine. Take a look at the new collection at www.ladyinlinks.com.

Thursday 10 February 2011

My New Business Mentor

You will probably get fed up of me harping on about Women Do Business, but seriously, they have provided yet more help for me. This time, I have been assigned a Business Mentor. How cool is that! She is my new best friend :) Or maybe a new God.

I was actually praying that this particular woman would be my mentor as she is unbelievably inspirational, and she's a very cool mum and successful businesswoman all in one. Plus she is married to a very well known entrepreneur which makes it even more cool! But this woman was the reason I set up my business in the first place. I remember going to an event and hearing her give a talk about entrepreneurial women, and the story behind her own business, and she was so inspirational I left the event knowing I would start my own business too.

So anyway, I get to meet this lady once a month for 6 months and brainstorm ideas and create actions that I can take to improve my own business. Frankly all I want to do is hear all about her business as it's awesome...check out www.theoldbagcompany.com.

It's really really nice to have someone to throw ideas at, and who will be honest and say 'I think ur completely wasting your time' (luckily that didn't come up), and to help me find my own way. On the other hand, I feel like I really need to succeed just to please her! Either way, it's all helping. I won't want to give up my business mentor in 6 months time though.
Website: www.ladyinlinks.com

2 comments:

  1. Getting the right mentor can make such a difference, I hope it works out for you, from what you are saying don't think you could ask for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! A person can learn by experience, but it's better to learn with and from someone. Oh, 6 months have passed already... Is she still your mentor? You probably learned a lot from her and her business! :D

    Raela Drigger

    ReplyDelete