About Me

My photo
I have just launched my new and exciting business: Lady in Links. This online boutique is dedicated to providing beautiful cufflinks...for Women Only! These are no ordinary cufflinks. They are intricately designed, sophisticated, stylish, and most importantly, feminine. Take a look at the new collection at www.ladyinlinks.com.

Monday 14 March 2011

Putting Life Into Perspective

I have had an insightful last few weeks really. Whilst working hard to get my new business off the ground and stressing daily about money, websites, marketing and all the rest, recent happenings have really made me think about my life.
For instance, there's me worrying about what new designs to create and getting frantic about the state of my books for the accountants, whilst tragic events are taking place all over the world that really put my own worries into insignificance.
It made me reflect on my own problems. We English really do love to moan. But what do we really know of suffering? What do we really have to moan about? My 'daily turmoil' as I like to call it after a bad day, is so completely inconsequential when compared to the real problems some people have to face - the wars, the poverty, the earthquakes, the droughts, floods and the tsunami's.
It made me realise just how lucky I am - not only to live in England with our peaceful, privileged, protected and well educated society, but to have the opportunities that many people all over the world will never have. Furthermore I am so so lucky to be able to create and launch my own business, especially as a woman too.
This made me think - I need to make the most of the opportunities I have before me. Make the most of every day, and be grateful for every last thing I have. I lost my father in a tragic accident a few years ago, and although this turned my world upside down at the time, I was still lucky to have 20 years of blissful family life, and use my memory of him today to spur me on in life and business.
Now rather than moaning about my problems, I feel grateful that I have the opportunity to do something about them, and it completely turns it around. Put your life into perspective - if you can do something about it, stop moaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment